Comments

We would love to hear from you. If you have made any of our recipes let us know how you liked it and if you have any recommendations. If you would like to suggest a recipe to be posted, send us an email at icookandtell@gmail.com. Thanks for cooking with us!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Baked Corn Casserole

Shirley Bachmann made this delicious corn casserole for the Memorial Day potluck in Summit in May of 2005. We loved this baked corn so a request for the recipe was made. Thank you Shirley. Kellen often asks for this dish and specifically requested it this Thanksgiving.

1 16 oz whole kernel frozen corn (Shirley would use 2 cups of her home frozen corn)
1 16 oz. cream style corn (Shirley would process 1 bag of her home frozen corn in processor)
2 eggs, beaten
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
Mix all ingredients. Bake at 350* for 1 hour in deep dish or 1/2 hour in shallow pan.
*Notes from Shirley. I use my own frozen corn (I put about 2 cups per bag). I put 1 pkg in processor to make it creamy, Also I have used 1 cup evaporated milk if I didn't have sour cream on hand. To make a larger amount, I use 3 pkg corn, and 3 eggs but other ingredients were about the same.

No comments: