Comments

We would love to hear from you. If you have made any of our recipes let us know how you liked it and if you have any recommendations. If you would like to suggest a recipe to be posted, send us an email at icookandtell@gmail.com. Thanks for cooking with us!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mango Peach Green Smoothie


So, I've been experimenting with quite a few of these smoothies for a lot of reasons. We've gone Vegan for a while and so they're dairy free and for anyone who has finicky eaters like my son, it's a great way to sneak in a lot of greens and they don't even care. My son thinks it's yogurt. I don't care what he calls it so long as he drinks it. It looks pretty and is super good for you. The blending process breaks down the leaves for you so your tummy doesn't have to work as hard and you actually get more enzymes this way than if you were just to chew on the leaves in a salad. They're full of antioxidants and you may go into a slight detox healing crisis if you drink a lot of them so just be aware. But it's all good for you. I can definitely say I'm a big fan of green smoothies. This particular recipe is my favorite but I'll be sure to post others if I think they're really good too.
-1 Handful of Fresh Kale (Make it a hefty handful cuz this stuff is so good for you)
-1 Handful of Arugula or Baby Spinach
-1 Handful of Parsley
-1 Handful of Green Grapes
-1/2 of a Medium Cucumber diced
-1 Peach with skin
-1 Mango (cut up as much of the fruit from the pit as possible and squeeze in the remaining juice)
-1 Kiwi
-1 small Banana
-1 small scoop of Soy Ice Cream
-4-6 Ice Cubes (Whatever fits)
-Water to blend easier. (Or if you want a little more flavor, you can do soy or rice milk or a little bit of Mango Peach V-Fusion Vegetable Fruit juice)
-1 Mint leaf to garnish
Toss into blender and blend. Super easy.
Yields about 4 very filling smoothies. The more I have them, the more I want them. I recommend using a Vitamix or a really good blender because this will make them smoother and they're better that way so if you don't have one, I would invest in a good blender cuz you won't want to stop after making just one of these. I'd love a Vitamix but I have a Cuisinart blender and it does the job very well.

1 comment:

April said...

Wow, that's a loaded one! Ours have been a bit more simple, but we're loving them too. I may have to try your recipe--I just bought some mangos.