Comments

We would love to hear from you. If you have made any of our recipes let us know how you liked it and if you have any recommendations. If you would like to suggest a recipe to be posted, send us an email at icookandtell@gmail.com. Thanks for cooking with us!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Salmon Rolls

This savory spring roll recipe is a nice addition to the weekly menu. I served this for James' birthday and he loved them. They have a wonderful flavor. I like to serve them with fried rice to make the meal complete.



Makes 3 Spring Rolls

Ingredients:
  • Fresh salmon, 3 oz. (I cooked my salmon before wrapping since I don't have a true deep-fryer.)
  • Fresh Spinach, 3 oz.
  • Asian Vegetable Mix, 3 oz. (I used a mix of thinly shredded cabbage and carrots)
  • White sugar, 1/2 oz.
  • Garlic, minced, 1/2 oz.
  • Soy Sauce, 3 oz.
  • Sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon
  • Spring Roll Wrapper, (3) 6x6 wrappers
Directions:
  1. Cook asian vegetables with sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, and sugar, stirring until browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  2. Take the 6x6 wrappers and coat the edges with egg wash. Place 1 oz. of fresh salmon, 1 oz. of spinach, and 1 oz. of the asian vegetable mix in the middle of each wrapper.
  3. Roll and tie edges of each with scallions to make them look like firecrackers. *As shown in the picture, I did not have success tying the ends with scallions (green onions) so I just rolled them like a typical egg roll.
  4. Deep fry in vegetable oil at 350 degrees until golden brown.
  5. Serve warm.

No comments: