Comments

We would love to hear from you. If you have made any of our recipes let us know how you liked it and if you have any recommendations. If you would like to suggest a recipe to be posted, send us an email at icookandtell@gmail.com. Thanks for cooking with us!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Crisps

I would like to first apologize that I do not have a picture of this recipe at the moment. However, I hope to be making it soon, so I'll edit this post and add one then.

This is one of my recipes that is one of those dishes I used to save for Munch N Mingle or Picnics in the Singles Ward before I got married, you ladies know what I'm talking about ;). Now I make it when strawberries are in season, or just on sale. I usually at least double this recipe, it goes quickly!

Friut Salsa:
1 pint strawberries, chopped
1 large banana, chopped
1 Red Delicious apple, chopped (I have used Gala, and it was great)
1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (I use bottled)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Combine first 4 ingredients. Stir together lemon juice, sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon; toss with fruit. Chill.

Cinnamon Crisps:*
4 (7 1/2-inch) flour tortillas
Vegatable cooking spray (I used cooking oil in one of those pump sprayers, pampered chef makes one)
2 tbsps sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon

Cut each tortilla into eighths. Arrange pieces on baking sheets. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Combine sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over tortillas.

Bake at 350 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with fruit salsa.

Yeild: 4 servings

*Note: these cinnamon crisps are soo good with just plain vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt. We also use them for sundaes, or with cooked apples. They are very very good with lots of desserts the more I think about it, and they only takes a couple of minutes to make!

No comments: