Comments

We would love to hear from you. If you have made any of our recipes let us know how you liked it and if you have any recommendations. If you would like to suggest a recipe to be posted, send us an email at icookandtell@gmail.com. Thanks for cooking with us!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I have never loved peanut butter cookies because I can't stand the dry, hard crunch that normally accompanies eating one. This cookie, however, delivers a subtle peanut butter flavor coupled with the soft, moist appeal of grandma's out-of-the-oven specialty. The only problem is trying to eat just one!

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 (oz) chocolate bars, crumbled*

Preheat the oven to 335 degrees.

In a large bowl or food processor, cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Once creamed, add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.

In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients. Stir dry mixture into creamed ingredients. Spoon onto cookie sheet and bake 11-13 minutes, depending on your oven. After briefly cooling on a wire rack, transfer to an air-tight Tupperware to maintain softness.

*I break up the chocolate bars in my Cuisinart to make chunks, but you could buy a bag of chocolate chunks if it's easier.

2 comments:

Kristin Kimble Purles said...

Taylor definitely has a knack for baking cookies that I still haven't gotten down yet. She shared some of these delicious cookies with me yesterday and I loved them. Soft and tasty as a cookie should be. Thanks for the treat!

Jami said...

I had one too and they were good - soft and chewy. They didn't have quite as strong of a peanut butter taste as regular peanut butter cookies, but they are still good! I'm sure I'll be making them sometime soon.