Comments

We would love to hear from you. If you have made any of our recipes let us know how you liked it and if you have any recommendations. If you would like to suggest a recipe to be posted, send us an email at icookandtell@gmail.com. Thanks for cooking with us!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Grilled Bread with Zesty Lime Butter

This is a fun twist on traditional garlic bread.

Ingredients

  • 2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2 teaspoons chili lime seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 loaf French bread, cut in 1/2 lengthwise (French Bread Recipe)

Directions

Preheat a grill pan over a medium-high heat.

Combine butter, chili lime seasoning and lime juice in a bowl and mix well to blend.

Using a butter knife lightly coat both halves of bread with the lime butter. Place on grill and grill about 4 minutes.

My only critique of this recipe is that it's too much butter, even for me, and I love butter. I would use 1 - 1 1/2 sticks of butter and it would still be plenty. Also, I didn't find chili lime seasoning so I used Baja Citrus and it tasted great so I'm sure anything similar would work. I don't have a grill pan so I broiled it in the oven for 4 minutes.

No comments: