Comments

We would love to hear from you. If you have made any of our recipes let us know how you liked it and if you have any recommendations. If you would like to suggest a recipe to be posted, send us an email at icookandtell@gmail.com. Thanks for cooking with us!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Blue

So, last night I was looking at my "monthly menu" and decided I needed to stray... Looking at what I had onhand that wouldn't last much longer, I can up with this. Annelyse told me about 15 times how great it was, she even said "Mommy, you should make this EVERY day!" That would be a bit much for me, but this one's definitely being added to the menu!

-1 lb. Chicken, cubed pretty small
-1/2 lb. Ham, I used a Ham Steak (I love those things), cubed smaller than chicken
-1 can Cream of Potato Soup
-2 cups Chicken Stock, or boullion, (I recently found "Kitchen Basics" Chicken Stock- BEST STUFF EVER!!!!)
-1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
-3/4 to 1 cup chopped onion, I used sweet
-1 tsp fresh ground pepper

-1/2 cup heavy cream
-1/4 cup water mixed with 3 tbsp corn starch
-2 cups, and a little extra for topping, shredded swiss cheese
-about 1 cup bread crumbs or homemade croutons

-Egg noodles, enough to feed family (dish serves about 6 adults)

Put first set of ingredients in Crock Pot on High for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

Add cream, water/corn starch mixture, and 2 cups swiss cheese to Crock Pot. Mix well and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes on Low, or until sauce is thickened.

Put onto egg noodles, top with bread crumbs or croutons, then cheese. Enjoy!

I served it with Steamed Broccoli and Whole Wheat Rolls.

No comments: