Comments

We would love to hear from you. If you have made any of our recipes let us know how you liked it and if you have any recommendations. If you would like to suggest a recipe to be posted, send us an email at icookandtell@gmail.com. Thanks for cooking with us!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Peanut-ty Granola

So, granola seems to be one of my top 5 cravings while pregnant. I fell in LOVE with one sold at an Amish Market in Dover, DE. But, since that is 30 minutes away, I just couldn't justify driving all the way there just to get some one week. Thus, this recipe was born. It's very close, just a little less sweet than most granolas, but I love it!

3 Cups Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Almonds- sliced or slivered
1/2 Cup Unsalted Sunflower Kernals
2/3 Cup Shredded Coconut
3/4 Cup Wheat Germ
2/3 Cup Honey
1/3 Cup Oil
2/3 Cup Peanut Butter
2 tsp Vanilla**

Optional: 1/2 Cup: Crasins, Raisens, Chopped Dried Apricots, or Dried Banana Slices

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Mix last four in smaller bowl, then add to dry mixture. Mix well. Spread out on baking sheet & bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Add any dried fruit if desired. Spread out on wax paper or foil (I just wash my counter off and spread it on there). Break into clusters and store in airtight container. I love to eat it with yogurt or ice-cream/frozen yogurt.
** I forgot to put this the first time!! Glad I checked back...

No comments: