Comments

We would love to hear from you. If you have made any of our recipes let us know how you liked it and if you have any recommendations. If you would like to suggest a recipe to be posted, send us an email at icookandtell@gmail.com. Thanks for cooking with us!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cream of Crab Soup

Oh, I made this again the other day, and just couldn't go the week without sharing!! This is one of those "can-opener gourmet" recipes. You, and you're guests, will be suprised at how FANTASTIC it is!! I usually serve it with a hearty bread that has a thicker crust, like Beer Bread (made with ginger ale though).

1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Tomato Soup
1 can Split Pea Soup (can use with Ham and Bacon version, I like it better...)
2 cans Crab Meat (I use one "lump" and one just regular white crab meat)
1 pint Heavy Cream (I have used 1/2 & 1/2 and it was fine)
1 can Beef Boullion or 1 cube Beef Broth prepared

Combine all ingredients, except the can of lump crab meat. Heat on medium heat in a 3 quart soup pot or saucepan. Add lump crab meat after all the soups have mixed, so as to keep some lumps together for serving.

*I have also used fresh crab meat, mmmm , at least 1/2 a pound (I use more cause I like lots of crab, I am from Maryland). I added 1/2 in the beginning, and the rest at the end to keep some of the lumps.

If you have ever eaten the Cream of Crab soup at Clyde's in DC, this is just about the same as that one!

No comments: